When we think about massage, we usually consider it as a pampering treatment. While massage therapy does make us feel good and decreases our levels of stress, there is a whole host of benefits to our bodies and minds that go well beyond self-indulgence. Check out the top 10 benefits of regular massages:
1. Eases Muscle Pain- Massage therapy improves circulation, help sore and painful muscles, ease inflammation, improve blood flow and reduce muscle tightness.
2.Improves Sleep Quality- Sleep issues have direct correlation with concentration, mood, and overall well-being. Massage helps you spend more time in the restorative stage of sleep in which the body barely moves, which reduces the neurotransmitter associated with pain.
3. Relieves Headaches- Massage therapy relaxes the tense muscles in the neck and relieves muscle spasms, improves blood flow, and aids in relaxation.
4. Helps Strengthen The Body's Immune System- Individuals who experience high levels of stress are more vulnerable to illness and injury. Regular massage treatments not only help to decrease stress but can help to boost the immune system.
5.Promotes Muscle Relaxation- Massage works by realigning the muscular scar tissue in the expected direction of alignment with the muscle fibers. Massages help to impede natural movement, release stiffness and decrease tension.
6.Improves Joint Mobility- Massage therapy can help to develop both the mobility and flexibility of joints.
7. Relieves Stress- While normal amounts of stress are necessary to our everyday life, constant stress can lead to physical symptoms including headaches, upset stomach, elevated blood pressure, chest pain and more. Research has proven that massage therapy can lower your heart rate and increase the body's natural production of endorphins the "feel good" chemical.
8. Helps Improve Posture- Massage therapy can help bring your body back to proper alignment by allowing the body to relax and the muscles to be loosened, the body can be re-positioned to its natural and proper posture.
9. Shortened Recovery Times- When circulation is increased to the muscles, toxins such as lactic acid and carbolic acid can be removed from the body and recovery times can be shortened. Massage therapy boosts circulation and aids in releasing toxins like these.
10.Prevention Of Future Injuries- When a massage therapist stretches the connective tissue, circulation improved and future adhesion's are prevented.